Thursday, September 21, 2017

She can't give up being control

I used to search a bit for a really good one, but I am just trying to choose todays in an effort of save time and keep it fresh, you know in case I stick with it.  Today's is another fresh take on the old trope nagging wife/put upon husband.  This shit never gets old am I right? Clearly his will to live is gone, yada yada. I also really don't like my pluggers driving anything that looks so much like a smart car, or that color, too fancy or citified.  He actually looks asleep, Ambien a Pluggers airbag.





The larger question here is who is Debbie Bender? Did she put pen to paper and describe a scene where a wife drives a husband to wish he was drugger or actually just take a hand full of pills, if only just to muffle her banshees shriek? Did she specify it being a woman talking to a man? Although its fucking implied am I right? 


 Lets look shall we?





Seems ok, she is a photographer lots of weddings, a rehab graduation, not great photos but she shows up and does the job. Nothing too obviously bad there,  but I do defect a slight loss of spark in Greg he's tired, tired of this marriage, she's gone every weekend  photographing who knows what , the girls need dinner and I have to be the one to heat up a Digiorno or microwave a white castle burger. 
Fuck you Debbie your "hobby" turned "Job" is tearing this fucing family apart.............................. 
oh fuck, I’m in too deep man. 

The comments on gocomics.com today are some gems. Here are a few.

  My wife generally can’t stand to have anyone else driving. She can’t give up being in control. One time I picked her up from a hospital stay after dark. She complained about my driving several times (minor inconsequential things) in the first 5 miles, so I pulled off at the next interstate exit and stopped at the side halfway down the exit to switch. The first thing she did was U-turn onto the entrance ramp from the end of the exit. But at least the rest of the trip was quieter. - GRAINPAW

-Oh Grainpaw (misspelling or a weird nod to your roots in agriculture.) I like the part where you force her nagging ass drive after being released from a hospital stay. Well done sir you showed her, the exhaustion, eagerness to get home and a possible brush with mortality may have been causing her to feel exta nervous but fuck that, lets just quiet her down.


The auto is set on auto nag. So is my house. - CMINUSCOMICS&STORIES


-This is what happens when word play falls into the hands of amateurs, it seems to hold together but under closer inspection it gets a bit wobble. A joke about a wife nagging in a car involving the pun auto nag works, once inside the house shit is weak.  Shout out though looking at this guys comments in the past 24 hours has led me to discover there is still a Kliban comic. Still though dude, work on the word play.  Stick with commenting on the use of social media in Ziggy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uh oh

Listen, this is a total moment where I realize I only hate Pluggers because I am becoming one. Its like looking in the mirror and seein...